Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Back To Work

Today was my first day back to work and it was a good day all in all but i worked hard. I work for a transportation company in chula vista called veolia transportation. They provide bus service for the city of San Diego. I work as a mechanic their and my job is to maintain the fleet of buses. Today i had to install an air compressor on a diesel bus and it went together pretty well except that the new compressor had some damage that wasn't found until after i put the compressor in the bus. Thankfully the old compressor had some good parts on it that i could swap out for the damaged one on the new compressor. It was just an inconvenience for me because the parts we are getting are aftermarket parts and aftermarket parts don't always fit right or are not built to original specs. They are bought for mainly one reason. Cost. Anytime you buy original equipment you are going to pay top dollar because the quality of the part. To make a long story short, it wasn't your normal repair but i was able to finish the bus and get it back on the road. My first day back to work was hard because I'm still recovering from jet lag from our 3 week vacation to the Philippines. I got a lot of welcome back from coworkers which is always nice. I have Wednesday and Thursday off so i get to rest a little bit more before back to full time work. Oh yeah! Well, its good to be back in the states and breath fresh air and not have to sweat all the time. Until next time, talk to you later...

No comments: