Sunday, October 7, 2012

My new kitchen toy


As the man and head of my family, I try to be the best father figure for my son and daughter teaching them between right and wrong, good and bad, respect and love for everyone. As the husband to my sweet wife, I try to give her my unconditional love and support. Since being on temporary disability for the last month, I've been devoting a lot of time in the kitchen trying to cook wholesome, delicious and satisfying meals for my wife and kids but it's not easy because most of us are picky about what we will or will not eat and I'm no exception. Do you have a similar situation in your family? How do you deal with it? Money is tight right now with gas prices sky rocketing out of control and being on disability, it's hard. It's not like we can just go out everyday and buy ready-made food. It would be too expensive, right? So we have to endure and be creative at home. In a previous post I wrote about cleaning up the kitchen cabinets of boxes of cake mix, etc. To make a long story short, I used leftover cake mix to make a cake but it didn't come out too well since I didn't have an electric mixer to mix the ingredients. Actually, it came out pretty bad but in the picture, it looked pretty good. I said I would not do any more baking until I was able to purchase a mixer. We purchased it the other day and I couldn't wait to use it. Today, I went to one of my favorite filipino websites and that's none other than panlasangpinoy.com to find the recipe for the banana bread that my kids love to eat. It came out great and my family loved it. I'm looking forward to making some french croissants here soon. I love to cook for my family. How about you?


Banana Bread Filipino Style



7 comments:

Melinda Dunne said...

What a nice toy! I love kitchen gadgets and a great stand mixer is a must!

Tamara said...

I Love it thank you for sharing, your banana bread looks supper yummy.

Unknown said...

You are so nice to help her out like that! If I had that blender it would be my favorite piece in the kitchen too! That Banana Bread looks and sounds fabulous!

Bless said...

I like to have a stand mixer too. That bread looks really delicious!

Suenvegas said...

Sounds like good banana bread! I love kitchen gadgets!!

Unknown said...

I love it! I want one for myself. Haha

Elisebet F said...

Thanks for sharing! My husband is Filipino. Maybe I can make this and impress him!