Monday, August 1, 2011

Keeping your blogs updated equals page rank

Lately, my wife and I have been wondering why my blogs have been getting more advertisers opportunities. I told my wife that maybe the reason why is because I've been working hard to keep my blogs updated every 2-3 days. She said that that very well could be the reason and stressed the importance of me keeping up the good work. So far it's been working out well. More advertisers opportunities equals more income so I can't stress the importance of keeping your blogs up to date and keep the content relevant to the theme of your blog as much as possible. This morning I was so shocked to hear from my wife that my blogs page rank has increased and nearly all my wife's blogs have page rank. For those who don't understand about page rank, here's a little page rank 101: Page rank is a method innovated by Google to determine the relevance of a website. It's value is from 0-10. The higher the PR of a website, the more traffic and higher positions the website gets in the search engines. Google crawls the website that much times faster if the PR is higher. It is an indication of how important Google thinks your website is to the world. It is very easy to measure page rank of your website, or others by installing Google Toolbar. There are many websites which shows you your sites PR rank. PR is one of the factors Google determines for it's Search Engine Ranking Positions. (SERP'S) It can be improved by back-linking your website to different website's, directories, etc. The higher the website's and directories PR that much better for your website. PR of the website also depends upon it's domain age. It takes at least three months to change the page rank of a website. There are many ways to improve your page rank. You have to get as many links from higher Page Rank websites, directories, blogs, forums, Social Networking sites, etc. The links you will be getting should be Dofollow links. I hope this can help people understand all about Page Rank.

No comments: