Friday, November 23, 2007

Black friday



Well, today is the day after thanksgiving and for most of us, that means black Friday. one of the busiest shopping days of the year.. For those who are familiar with the term black Friday, it means big time sales on all kinds of products for the holiday shopper. For those who are unfamiliar with black Friday, its a term used to describe the day after thanksgiving when many retailers drastically reduce prices of their inventory to bring in holiday shoppers so they can move out their inventory and make room for new stock for the new year. Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, is when retailers hope they will move out of the red and into the black posting a profit for the year. I was reading the news this morning and heard of a best buy in Geneva, Illinois selling Sony laptops for $399.00 and Toshiba notebooks for $299.00. When i read that i wanted to cry because I've always wanted a laptop computer. Well maybe its not meant to be right now for me. Besides, I'm still trying to save up for that DVD camcorder that I've been wanting for some time now. Many retailers such as Wall-Mart Stores Inc, Best Buy Co Inc, J.C. Penney Co Inc and Kohl's Corp used the so-called "door buster" deals and extended hours to lure Black Friday crowds into their stores. Among the fast moving items this year was electronics like apples iPhone. I took the family to plaza Bonita tonight and it was pretty hard to find parking and it was pretty crowded inside the mall. there was all kinds of sales going on tonight. i took the wife to bath & body works to cash in on their season sale. my asawa just loves that place. it smells so good in there you know. i saved alot of money on creams for her family which we will give to them when we go back to the Philippines on march 2, 2008. I cant wait to go. i need a vacation so bad since i haven't had one in 2 years. well, only 32 more shopping days left so look for those bargains coz retailers are doing whatever it takes to get you in to their store and buy their product. happy shopping Filipino's and filipina friends!

2 comments:

TEEBOB said...

hi

just visiting your blog to let you know tha I always visit my friends

have a nice day to you....
god bless

Anonymous said...

Nice post Michael. I wished I also went out last Friday but I dread the long queues so we usually never ever go out shopping on Black Fridays. But sheesh, I wished I did. :)

I already added you as link, hope you add me up too :)

Chari