Monday, March 10, 2008

Sony DCR-DVD610 video camcorder

So I've been in PI now for just about a week today and I've been using my Sony video camcorder a lot since being here and so far it has worked flawlessly. I purchased the Sony DCR-DVD610 camcorder from best buy before we left on vacation and i really enjoy its simple ease of use and especially the 2.5" touch screen. It comes with hybrid movie recording, can store video on DVDs or the optional memory stick depending on your preferences. This camcorder has 40x optical zoom and 2000x digital zoom with Carl zeiss vario-tessar lens. I was kind of worried that i would be having problems recording in PI since the weather here in zamboanga,PI is usually hot and muggy most of the time which means lots of moisture in the air and the guys at best buy in San Diego said i may have problems recording since these camcorders don't work well in areas where moisture content is high but so far I've been very fortunate and the pictures are crystal clear and good color. The battery last pretty long too between charges. For those of you who are first time buyer i highly recommend this camcorder as your first choice. My wife and i even used this camcorder to make a 30 second commercial and were impressed with the results. Thumbs up to Sony for one simple and affordable camcorder. Thanks Sony!

No comments: