Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My son always wants new toy

Every time my wife, me and my son go out to the store my son always happens to find some new toy. Usually its a new car because that's his favorite toy. As a new father i want only the best for my first son so i try to give him anything he wants but i know its not always a good idea. Its very hard for me to say "no" to my 2 year old son but today i had to block out my feelings and put my foot down. He grabbed 2 toy cars in the store but i made my wife put them back and my son started crying hard all the way out to the car. Then he saw some balloons that were hanging from a new car that was going to be raffled off next month. I told my son he cant have it and he really cried so much. It breaks my heart to say no but he has so many toys at home and i need to say no sometimes. I want my son to appreciate the toys he has now and not be a spoiled child. Before my wife and i always buy him toy car but now we have to put our foot down. Am i doing the right thing?

1 comment:

Jerla Oh lalala said...

yes you are doing the right thing honie... i'm sure you will be proud of him later on because he himself will learn that not everything he wants he can get it so easily... thanks babe for being firm! your the best father and the best husband too :)