Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Cooking hilton style

If there's one thing in my life i enjoy doing the most it has to be in the kitchen cooking for my wife and kids. I love to try different kinds of food and i love to see my family enjoying the results of my hard earned labor of love. But it wasn't always like this. I learned how to cook while i was in the navy but when i first learned how to cook, i didn't enjoy it at all but maybe it's because i was cooking for 260 crew members. After i got married, i started enjoying it and now I'm always trying to look for new ways to cook meals for my family. Everyday it gets harder to find something i can prepare for my wife and kids that they will like to eat. It sure would be nice if i could wow them with some fancy meals of my own. Now i just found out that there will be a sumptuous Wine Tasting Reception complete with appetizers at the Hilton Branson Convention Center Hotel along with a cooking demonstration by the hotels Chef Nathan Read the next morning on how to make those fancy appetizers. Geeez! What i would do to be able to go to Branson, Missouri and learn how to cook. The guest will be wined and dined with a four course dinner that the chef will teach the guest how to make the following morning. Just to give you an idea of what kind of menu the chef will cook here's a list.

Smoked rainbow trout with capers. cornichons, hard cooked egg, diced red onion served with grilled flatbreads and herb cheese dip, Brimstone cheese fondue served with grilled potatoes, baby carrots, zucchini, apples, pears, and baguette. Hot Hor's douvre will be Fried butternut squash with aged balsamic and parmesan cheese, assorted individual pizzettas, shrimp fritters with green chile salsa.

I would love to learn how to cook the rainbow trout because i could apply what i've learned towards cooking other kinds of fish because my wife loves fish. All this will happen on October 16th and 17th. A weekend getaway with deluxe accommodations for 2 people at the Hilton Branson Convention Center Hotel for 398.00 round trip.

Post?slot_id=60732&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

No comments: