Friday, October 29, 2010

Father and Daughter Share Love of Tennis

Thanks for the guest post by Jo Levy

Almost every Saturday morning my daughter and I will play tennis together. We have been playing tennis ever since she was 6 years old. I love playing tennis with my daughter and I can remember when she could hardly pick up the junior racket I had bought for her. Now days my daughter can whip me easily.

My daughter plays on her high school tennis team and is amazingly great. Before a tennis match me will set our home security alarm (adt security Tampa prices) and then head out to the high school. We will always get there early and I will smack some tennis balls her way to let her warm up.

The coach of the tennis team will then show up and ask how she looks for tonight and my response is always the same when I say “She Looks Great”. When the rest of the tennis club shows up I disappear over to the edge of the courts and chat with the other parents who have kids that play on the tennis club.

It amazes me that so few of the parents play tennis. Most of the players on the high school tennis team never played tennis until they where freshman. The coach has done an amazing job over the years teaching the fundamentals of tennis to the kids. My wife says that I would make a great coach but I tell her she is wrong. I just want to spend some time with my daughter.

No comments: