Friday, April 11, 2008

Debt Consolidation

One of the hardest things to do as a family man is to manage our money and financial debt. I found that my wife is very good in taking care of the financial matters of our family. One way that we save money is that we don't go out to eat a lot. Most of the time we stay home and do a lot of cooking ourselves that way we can save money for things we really need. At one point in time i was trying to repair my credit history so that i could raise my credit score so that i can purchase a new car. One close friend suggested that i try debt consolidation to eliminate my financial problem but this didn't make sense because it would just add more debt to what i already owed. My mother in turn suggested that i try filing for bankruptcy which would solve my problem but this didn't sound like such a good idea either because then i would have a bankruptcy spot on my credit history and i sure didn't want that so it felt like a snowballing effect where i was just digging a hole that i couldn't get out of. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Anyways, today i have a new car and I'm getting things that normally require a good credit score and i owe it all to my beautiful wife because she keeps our family budget in check.

No comments: