Friday, July 18, 2008

Stress Test Results

Wow! i guess I'm doing something right in my diet because i had some positive results from my doctors visit. I had to go to see my cardiologist yesterday to get the results of my stress test that i did last week so that i could update the medical part of my class B commercial drivers license. One of the requirements of having a class B drivers license is that you must have a yearly physical and one of those requirements is a stress test. A stress test, sometimes called a treadmill test or exercise test, helps your doctor find out how well your heart handles its workload. As your body works harder during the test, it requires more fuel and your heart has to pump more blood. The test can show if there’s a lack of blood supply through the arteries that go to the heart. Taking a stress test also helps your doctor know the kind and level of exercise that’s right for you. My results were normal I'm happy to say and the study showed that i had a 1% chance of having a heart attack or death in the next year compared to last years results which showed i had a 10% chance of having the same symptoms. Not too bad huh? So what i recommend is drinking plenty of water, getting a lot of sleep. eat lots of chicken and fish, stay away from fried or greasy foods, don't smoke and if you do, quit, eat lots of fresh vegetables, take 2-4 fish oil pills a day, (good for omega 3 fatty acids) multivitamins, and exercise or walk as much as you can. I also drink a glass of wine every other day which the doctor says is good for you rather than beer. That's it. Do those things and your sure to improve your health 100%. For useful tips and good health advice just visit the american heart associations website.

No comments: