Sunday, February 13, 2011

Tips for back to school

Guest post written by my buddy Bernardo Graham

Having my kids home for 3 weeks has been a mixed blessing. I love having my kids home and spending extra time with them but after 3 weeks the boredom sets in. I am out of craft ideas, it is too cold to go outside and even for them, there are only so many cookies that they can make, decorate and eat. That's why I am so excited that it is time to for them to go back to school. Now I only have to come up with enough activities to entertain them in the afternoons. It is always a little hard for them to transition from vacation to regular school schedule so there are a few things that I do to help ease them in. First, I never make their vacation bedtime differ too much from their normal bedtime. For Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve I let them stay up as late as they want, or in their case can, but other than those 2 days I never extend their bedtime for more than an hour. I also make sure they wake up at a decent time and the night before school starts we pick out school clothes and get their back packs ready. That way in the morning we are not rushed. All we have to do is grab everything and turn on our home security alarm (click here) on our way out the door.

No comments: